Here are my top 5 reasons why the Housing Market has finally recovered
1. We have a huge amount of qualified home buyers who have 740 fico scores, 20% down payment and enough income to qualify for a loan. The Unemployment rate has also be revised down to 4.1%
2. The Shadow Inventory has been crushed by one massive bulldozer. All loans that are delinquent have been made current and principal has been reduced to market value.
3. The Fed will offer a 4% mortgage on a 30 year fix mortgage no matter where the 10 year note is for the next 10 years. This will make sure low rates are here for home buyers.
4. All Student Loan Debt will be erased by the U.S. government tomorrow allowing first time buyers to take on new debt . They will do this by raising taxes on all Americans who make over $10,000.
5. Because Margaret Kelly, CEO of ReMax said so today.
I know I have been bearish for years, but these reasons were very clear to my on April 1, 2012.
Logan Mohtashami is a senior loan officer at his family owned mortgage company AMC Lending Group, which has been providing mortgage services for California since 1988. Logan is also a financial columnist for Benzinga.com and contributor for BusinessInsider.com